Pro Cycling Manager 2013 Diary: Up and Down in the Alps


The Tour continues with a rather weird stage, one which has two HC climbs near the start, designed to sap the strength of riders from the get-go, and two rather easier ones near the end.

It’s hard to once more go up so many times, especially after the two climbs over L’Alpe d’Huez that took place yesterday, but the cyclists are still looking for wins and for good performance on the mountains and I suspect that a powerful breakaway will get away quickly and will end up winning the stage.

I no longer have a clear strategy, seeing the overall weakness of my riders, and I will try to see if any sort of opportunity opens up for me later in the stage.

A group of good climbers has quickly managed to get away and they have established a commanding lead over the peloton.

Le Col de la Madeleine was especially hard to get over, but in the end, it seemed that a concerted effort from the big teams might bring back the escapees and set up for another duel on the last climb.

But even when I committed two riders to do the chasing, the rest of the teams failed to join me and in the end, the big group up the road splintered and John Gadret managed to get away from his companions and swept the win by a respectable margin.

My own leader, Schleck, tried to stay with then favorites but lost some time on the descent, while the rest of my riders came home with the rest of the peloton.

One more mountain stage follows before the final parade in Paris, where Alberto Contador will probably wear the Yellow Jersey after he managed to defeat all his rivals during the last few days.

Take a look at how the last climbs of the stage unfolded.



Via: Pro Cycling Manager 2013 Diary: Up and Down in the Alps