Mary-Louise Parker Is Almost Done Acting Because of Bloggers


Mary-Louise Parker, star of the hit Showtime series “Weeds” and recent feature films “RED 2” and “R.I.P.D.,” doesn’t plan on working as an actress for much longer.

In a new interview cited by ABC News, the actress says celebrity bloggers have pretty much taken out all the fun in her line of work, because the focus rarely falls on acting these days.

“It’s sport for people, it’s fun to get on at night and unleash their own self-loathing by attacking someone else who they think has a happier life – or something, I dunno,” she says.

“I wouldn’t mind doing a TV show again, I’d like to do a couple more plays, but I’m almost done acting, I think,” Parker explains.

She also laments a “mean” culture in which people watch only TV shows that document the lives of “little girls in pageants and housewives and plastic surgery and people in rehab.” She doesn’t want to be a part of that.

So, if she does retire, Mary-Louise plans to spend more time with her kids, take better care of her goats and “throw [her] Internet in the lake.”


Via: Mary-Louise Parker Is Almost Done Acting Because of Bloggers